Shortlist 2008 Classification Society Distinguished Dissertation Award
- Jorge Santos, "Data Classification with Neural Networks and Entropic
Criteria", (ISEP - Instituto Superior de Engenharia do Porto, Porto,
Link to dissertation.
- Jorge Caiado, "Distance-based methods for classification and clustering
of time series" (ESCE/Polytechnic Institute of Setubal, Setubal, Portugal,
- Jonathan Schler, "Authorship Analysis in the Absence of a
closed Candidate Set" (Bar-Ilan University, Ramat-Gan, Israel, Jan. 2007)
- Hans-Friedrich Koehn, "The Structural Representation of Three-Way
Proximity Data" (University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, 2007)
- Cem Iyigun, "Probabilistic Distance Clustering" (Rutgers University, Nov.
- Balazs Feil, "Fuzzy Clustering in Process Data Mining",
(University of Veszprem (Pannonia)), Hungary, Sept. 2006), published as
monograph "Cluster Analysis for Data Mining and System Identification",
by Birkhaeuser, 2007
- Teemu Roos, "Statistical and Information-Theoretric Methods for Data
Analysis" (University of Helsinki, June 2007).
Link to homepage.
- Nema Dean, "Variable Selection and Other Extensions of the Mixture Model
Clustering Framework" (University of Washington, Seattle, 2006)
- Marielle Linting, "Nonparametric Inference in Nonlinear Principal
Components Analysis: Exploration and Beyond" (Leiden University, October
- Anita Van der Kooij, "Prediction Accuracy and Stability of Regression
with Optimal Scaling Transformations" (Leiden University, June 27, 2007).
Link to homepage.
Winner 2008 Classification Society Distinguished Dissertation Award
- Congratulations to the Winner: Anita Van der Kooij
- Runner-up: Jonathan Schler
- Honorable mention: Balazs Feil and Jorge Santos
- All dissertations were of excellent quality. Congratulations
to all listed above.
Classification Society entry page.
This page is maintained by Fionn Murtagh. Last update: 2008 May 11.