Shortlist 2010 Classification Society Distinguished Dissertation Award
- Daniel Aloise, "Exact Algorithms for Minimum Sum-of-Squares Clustering",
University of Montreal, June 2009.
Clintin P. Davis-Stober, "Luce's
Challenge: Quantitative Models and Statistical Methodology", University of
Illionois at Urbana-Champaign, 2009.
- Petri Kontkanen , "Computationally
Efficient Methods for MDL-Optimal Density Estimation and Data Clustering",
University of Helsinki, Finland, November 2009.
- T. Siva Tian, "Dimensionality
Reduction for Classification with High-Dimensional Data", University of
Southern California, August 2009.
- Joost van Rosmalen, "Segmentation and
Dimension Reduction: Exploratory and Model-Based Approaches", Erasmus
Universiteit Rotterdam, April 2009.
Winner 2010 Classification Society Distinguished Dissertation Award
- Congratulations to the Winner: Daniel Aloise
- Honorable mention: Petri Kontkanen
- All dissertations were of excellent quality. Congratulations to all
Classification Society entry page.
This page is maintained by Fionn Murtagh. Last update: 2010 March 27.